Looking for Kid-Friendly New Year’s Eve Ideas?
For several years we have been celebrating New Year’s Eve with lots of little cousins. Yet, since none of them could make it ’til midnight, we started our own kid-friendly celebration.
My husband decorates an exercise ball (!!) with white lights, and we string it from our tree in our backyard. We choose a time to celebrate the countdown…for instance, one year it was 7 pm, then 8 pm, then 9pm…it gets a little later as the kids get older. Then at that time, we count down…we all watch from the screen door as my husband lowers the ball slowly. Then we scream, “Happy New Year” with noise makers and sparkling cider.
As our kids grow older, they are able to make it until midnight, but what a fun memory for us all, of those days with the little ones!
Here are some great recipes and games to try for your own Kid’s New Years Eve Party:
- Ice cream cones dipped in white chocolate and covered with sprinkles. Turn upside down to look like party hats!
- A cake frosted white with some sparklers or noise makers placed on top for decoration
- Bugles are a great snack-they look like noise makers or party hats!
- Make your own party hat. Simply roll paper into a cone and decorate with glitter and streamers
- “Minute to win it” type games are fun for the whole family– when little ones join in with the older generation, there is lots of fun to be had by all!
- Cookies with numbers 1-10 on them, line them up in a row for countdown cookies
- Small donut holes iced, rolled in sugar crystals to represent the Times Square Ball
- Each take turns telling a favorite memory from the past year
What will YOU do to celebrate the New Year?
Join Me This Summer- The Simply Living for Him Retreat! At the Beautiful Lodges at Gettysburg, Gettysburg, PA.
Grab your girlfriends for a ladies getaway!!
We will learn all about simplifying, clearing out clutter and distractions, and having more JOY and JESUS!