With our formal schooling finished for now, we are taking a much needed summer break. It will be nice not to have our regular schedule for awhile, and to enjoy the carefree summer days.
Yet, there is so much I need to do!! I am compiling my list of:
1. Organize schoolroom/office: We have an office that we use for all of our school “stuff.” I need to revamp it, throw out things from last year we do not need, pack away books we have finished, and organize next year’s things. Its a big task, and I hope to find a way to be even more organized for next year. I want to make a “portfolio” for each child for the school year. As we go along, I will put all completed works, etc. into a big binder for each child. I also want to revamp our workbox system. I am thinking of a “drawer system” rather than the rubbermaid boxes. They are getting cumbersome.
2. Purge any and all things in the house that we do not need. I am all about simplifying these days. Less clutter is less stress. I want to live with only our needs and not all the extra “stuff.”
“But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.” Matthew 6:20-21
3. Re-do this blog. I may even rename it. I want to give it a new look and organize the pages better.
4. Simplify the kids closets. They need a few pants, shorts, shirts each week. Grace: a Sunday dress, and a few shorts and shirts. Done. Give away stuff they do no wear. Simpler clothes means simpler laundry and less focus on material items.
5. Focus on my writing. I love to write. I enjoy writing on the blog, and enjoy writing for The Heart of the Matter Online. Who knows, will a book be in my future?? 🙂
6. Focus on my kids. Now yes, they are my main focus everyday. But for the summer the focus is purely on them. Being present in the moment with them without worrying about what we need to do next. Eyes off the clock and on THEM!
© copyright 2012 – All rights reserved