Welcome! Have you subscribed to this blog yet? You will be encouraged to simplify all areas of your life… straight to your email! Subscribe here!
Join me as I share all that we have been doing this fall since we have decided to use our Bible as our main textbook. I am joining the iHomeschool Network’s Homeschool Hopscotch! Be sure to go over and check out so many awesome topics for this huge blog hop!
One of the subjects we do not use the Bible as our text is math. We use Math-U-See for each child’s level. However, there are plenty of ways that we supplement with activities based in the Bible for math for extra practice.
Since we are studying Genesis, we have studied Creation through the Flood and are now on the Tower of Babel. Here are some corresponding math activities for various levels that go along with these studies. I really enjoy adding in extra things like this to tie everything together.
- Determine the size of Noah’s ark in comparison to various real life place/things- you can even visit a football field (Noahs ark was 450 ft. or 1.5 football fields) to give an idea of length
- practice counting by two’s since Noah brought each animal in pairs
- research the number seven and its Biblical meaning
- ordinal numbers and the importance of order (Creation)
- Genesis 5 Math problems based on the generations from Adam to Noah
- Genesis Math Problems (part 2)
- counting games based on 40 (from Noah’s ark, 40 days/nights)
- calculate how long Noah and his family were on the ark based on Genesis 6-9
- practice sorting with little ones -based on Creation study and animal classification
Past posts in this series:
Day 1 Homeschooling With the BIBLE as Your Main Text-Typical Day
Day 2 Writing Assignments with the Bible as Your Main Text
Also, please visit iHomeschool Network’s Hopscotch where you can find posts on so many different topics during this fun blog hop! There is also a “Pin to Win” giveaway-head over for details and great prizes.
© copyright 2012 – All rights reserved