This podcast is sponsored by Apologia.com
This is not a “financial advice episode” but an encouragement episode. We are not going to tell you how to make money or start a business, but get to the heart of the matter.
Today I have my very favorite guest with me–my hubby, Steve! We have been a one-income family since early on in our marriage and I wanted to share our story to encourage others that it is possible to survive and THRIVE as a one-income family. We were married right out of college, had a baby that first year, lost three jobs, had four kids, and homeschooled- all while remaining a one-income family. God has truly provided for our needs when we sought Him first. We are not saying our way is the right way to do things (only God can tell you what is right for your family) but we are sharing how we have managed to listen to God above society’s standards for the past 17 years.
God has given Steve a thriving business as our sole provider and has even provided opportunities for me to contribute along the way. A simple lifestyle with our eyes on God has made all the difference.
A Few Things to Mention:
- We use Samaritans Ministries for Healthcare Coverage
- Steve is the sole provider of our family with his business, Farmhaus Studios. He is a graphic designer who worked in the advertising field for many years before the instability of it all led us to start a family business and become self-employed. He now is able to use his talents in all areas of media- illustration, web, marketing, etc. And he is able to let God “run” his business 😉
- Over the years, God has given me the opportunity to contribute to our family as well through my work at Simply Living for Him and Bible Based Homeschooling. He has continued to make it work for us by allowing me to have income as well, and we know He has provided to allow us to stick to our convictions to be home with our family.
- Pre-kids I worked in the health/medical industry and have a degree in Home Economics with a concentration in Nutrition.
- We see God’s hand in our entire journey to begin as a stay at home mother and now a stay at home family. All glory goes to Him alone!
Links mentioned in this episode:
What We Have Learned in Four Years as a Work-at-Home Family• Podcast Ep 44
New Podcast! How a Job Loss Changed Our Life
My other website—> Bible Based Homeschooling
Please visit our Podcast Sponsor:
Graphics from this episode:
**NEW** LOW PRICE FOR RETREAT TICKETS! Register today. Space is Limited!
This summer, I am hosting a women’s retreat in Gettysburg, PA. In a world of excess, we are going to focus on that fact that Jesus is enough. The world will tell you YOU are enough. But truly, HE is enough. He is all we need. We don’t rely on ourselves, or earthly comforts, but on Him alone. I have lived with it all stripped away, and I have seen that yes, Jesus is enough. In fact, Jesus is MORE than enough.
Early Bird Registration is Open! Join us for this life changing and life-giving event. You will spend two days with other sisters in Christ, tired of what the world offers, and ready to live the life that HE offers.
Check out where I am speaking in 2018—-> SPEAKING (UPDATED)
Listen to the Podcast—-> PODCAST
Watch my YouTube Channel–->YouTube
Visit my homeschooling site–>Bible Based Homeschooling
Shop Simply Living for Him——>SHOP (new items added!)