Welcome to the 25 Days of Simple Christmas! Each day I will be posting an idea about keeping the holidays simple- so that we can focus on Christ and the real meaning of Christmas!
While Christmas is such a special day, so much of the joy gets lost in the busyness.
Each day I will be writing about a simple way to celebrate the season. To focus on family, joy, and memories, without the elaborate extras that can bring added stress. Simple can be more meaningful if it gives us more time to focus on the huge GIFT we are awaiting-Jesus Christ, our Savior.
Advent Blessing Jar
A few years ago we started an Advent blessing jar. This was a simple way to celebrate Advent, by blessing others.
In the jar I placed slips of paper with all different ways that the children could bless another family member. Examples were:
- Make your brother or sister’s bed, just because!
- Say something kind to your brother or sister
- Write a letter to someone and draw a picture to go with it. Mail it, just because
- Sweep up after meals without being asked
- Offer to read to your baby brother when he is needing mommy, but she is tending to someone else
- Make a special dessert for after dinner to share with the family as a surprise
The point of the blessing jar was to choose a slip of paper and not tell that you were doing the activity. Blessing each other in secret was the fun of it!
What a wonderful way to share in God’s love with each other as we prepare for the biggest act of love that God gave us, His Son!
“For the wages of sin is death,
but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.”
Please Join These Bloggers in
their 25 Days of Christmas Series:
25 Days of Christmas: Home for the Holidays @ Graceful Abandon
25 Days of Easy Christmas Crafts for Toddlers & Preschoolers @ Sidetracked Sarah
25 Days of Christmas Traditions @ Sharing the Journey
25 Days of Simple Christmas @ Simply Living for Him